Monday, February 2, 2009

Visa Day

Today it is Monday and we went to the American Embassy to apply for Marynas Visa. It went quickly only took two hours. Tomorrow return there again for interview and will actually get the Visa.

Steve stayed up all night and watched Super Bowl, He's a little tired and disappointed today. Maryna is adjusting very well. Very happy little girl smiles a bunch and likes to hide around corners and jump out. Reminds me of my Dad. Steve calls her his little carrot and she calls him Monkey. I can tell she is starting to trust us. I have been very careful to give her space and privacy as much as possible in a one bedroom apartment. We watch allot of Christian television I like the idea of her hearing the word so much. Its like the washing of the water of the word . Even though she doesn't understand English completely.

I bought her a book with English and Ukrainian words, pictures, phonetics it really helpful. She works on it allot between Nintendo DS lite rounds. She likes to say BIG FINISH when she's mastered the game,little finish when not. I have learned she likes Tomato Juice,lemon Juice,strawberry yogart, choc cereal, and her first reaction to a hot dog was hilarious. We explained its not really a dog! I am having fun learning all these new particulars about her,its only the beginning.

No comments: